Five things I love about December:
1. Advent. The joy of Advent; of expecting the birth of Jesus and overwhelming enormity of what that blessed event means.
2. Joy. The joy of knowing I have just the right gift for my family members. I take a lot of time to pick something they will treasure, and I don't buy just for the sake of having something to open.
3. Food. I love to eat, especially sweets, and the South is full of good cooks who love to share their goodies with friends. I love gifts that come in the form of food. I love making food with my family. And I love the fellowship that comes when we choose to share what we make with others.
4. Hallmark Movies. What? Don't judge. I love a sappy, sweet, predictable love story. There is so much sadness in the world, and these sweet movies get me in the spirit of the season, and allow me to watch something fun with my 10- year-old daughter without cringing about cuss words or scantily-clad women.
5. Chaos. I know this is a weird praise, but you have to know something about me: my brain normally does not function well in chaos. I need my house to be straightened up as much as possible all day long. It doesn't have to be spotless, but clutter bothers me to no end. But in December, somehow my uptight brain relaxes, and I have learned to enjoy the decorations and the rearranged furniture (especially for misjudged live Christmas trees that take up the whole room).
It's a link up! Click the cute birdhouse to learn more!
Don't miss any of my posts! Subscribe in a reader or check out my Facebook page. Subscribe to this blog and have each post delivered straight to your inbox! ©2013-2014 Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. www.coffeecobwebsandcurriculum.blogspot.com