Life360 and the Circle of God

If you have children or loved ones who are of driving age, you may already be very familiar with the popular app called Life360. It is designed to allow users to keep track of their loved ones in real time.

It uses GPS and cellular technology to pinpoint the exact location of family members and send notifications when they reach a certain destination or leave an area you’ve predetermined. For example, I have a “circle” set up for my college-age daughter when she arrives or leaves a 100-ft radius of her off-campus apartment or her place of work. It allows me a bit of peace of mind during this season of her life, and for someone like me who often suffers from anxiety around fear of something happening to my loved ones, this is a welcome supplement to my constant prayers.


During a recent prayer time, I read the following verse, and it struck me how God has His own Life360 system:

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9 (emphasis mine)


I mean, come on, what a great circle of destination to be in! You and I are a “chosen people” smack dab in the middle of God’s grace! This amazing circle of privilege and unmerited favor is not because believers are better than others; it’s because He loves his children so much. Much like the setting in which Peter wrote these words, the popular leaning of our current culture depicts Christians in a negative light, so being reassured that we are safe within the Circle of God 24/7 and set apart is extremely comforting. He chose us, and this choice represents our salvation.

As I check my Life360 app each day, I am now even more comforted knowing my loved ones are not only safely within the circles of destination set for them here on earth but they are also encompassed by an even larger circle of God.
 


©2023 Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. www.coffeecobwebsandcurriculum.blogspot.com Follow me on Facebook or Twitter! Links can be found in the right sidebar of this blog!

Comments