Friday, August 9, 2013
Random Five on Friday-- 08/09/2013
We had a yard sale last weekend, and here are the five random observations I made during that HOT day:
1) Men buy much, much, much more junk than women do.
2) Men buy more spontaneously than women do. Women were on their cell phones calling people, asking their opinion on purchases, etc. Men were like, "Here's your 50 cents."
3) August in Alabama is a really bad time to have a yard sale. Even if you start at 6 a.m. I was miserable. The humidity was 300% , at least. Thank goodness for portable fans and cold bottles of water.
4) No matter how low you price things, sometimes you can't GIVE junk away. We ended up taking two truckloads of items to the thrift store at the end of the day. Oh, and one truck load went to the dump.
5) The jury is still out on whether the money we made is worth the effort it took to get it. Let's just say if we don't have another yard sale for three more years, that will be too soon.
Do you like having yard sales? Or just shopping at them?
©2012-2013 Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. www.coffeecobwebsandcurriculum.blogspot.com