Hello (Again), World!

Welcome to my new blog! As some of you know, I had another blog for several years called "Always Thinking Too Much."  I took that blog down the day after Christmas 2011. It is a very long, painful story, but here's the Reader's Digest Condensed version: Because someone in my family (not someone I am close to, mind you) felt as if I was indeed thinking too much and sharing too much, and that I was bringing shame to her and our family, I prayerfully made the decision to discontinue the blog and to take a breather from this crazy, everything-can-be-taken-the-wrong-way world of electronic media.  While it was all very painful to hear, painful to deal with, and painful to trudge through, I now see it as a truly great blessing.

It made me switch gears with my writing. God has provided so many opportunities for me since I took down my last blog.  Two of my articles, one about homeschooling and one about foster parenting, were even published in two national magazines! Woot!

And during that transition time, I was also able to really rethink and pray about this thing called blogging.  I am now taking a fresh start with a fresh spirit and I am so glad you decided to join me for this journey!

This blog will focus much more on how homeschooling my youngest is teaching me a whole bunch of funny life lessons.  In addition, I will be including reviews of some of my favorite and not-so-favorite homeschooling curriculum.  I will share some of my favorite blog posts from my previous blog (the ones that hopefully won't hurt anyone's feelings) and finally, with new eyes and a new perspective, I will continue to share the daily stories and devotions that paint the beautiful picture of God's amazing grace and mercy in my life. 

Thank you for being here! I am still very humbled that anyone would "follow" anything I have to say.

To God Be the Glory!


Comments

  1. Love your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allison! So glad you're here!

      Delete
  2. I love to find fellow bloggers, especially in the small town of Monroeville! I have added you to my followers! You can see my blog at http://www.joshandwhitneylowery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Whitney! Thank you! Please click "follow me" as well and I will head over to your blog and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back - you've been missed, even if I DO talk to you a few times a week :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am greatly encouraged by your comments! Please engage!