The Least of These

The last two weeks of my life have been spent caring for a newborn.  



I am bleary-eyed, exhausted,  and most definitely feeling too old to do this any more.  I want to give up.

But then I hear the voice of Truth speaking to my heart:


I know it's hard; but you have been called.


I know it's hard; but I created you to serve the least of these, so I will give you strength to keep going. 

~~~~~
And He has indeed provided that strength, and for that, I am grateful. There is no sweeter feeling of joy than knowing you are being used of God to provide life-giving care to one of His precious souls. 

In less than a week, she will meet her forever family, and I will once again feel extreme sadness and grief as I let another one of our precious foster babies go and adjust to her not being near me at all times. 


Is it hard? Yes. 

Is it worth it?  Unequivocally, yes.  


 “Let these children alone. Don’t get between them and me. These children are the kingdom’s pride and joy." Luke 18:16

Comments

  1. God bless her in her new, forever home. God bless you in YOUR forever home. God alone knows your heart, and He is well pleased when you answer His call. I pray for your strength, ability and rest as you care for yet another of these, the least.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am greatly encouraged by your comments! Please engage!