Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year!
Well, 2012 was the Year of Blessings, no doubt, so I am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for us on our Great Adventure in the new year. I don't really make resolutions, but certainly, there are some things I want to accomplish:
1) Like so many of my friends, I am focusing on being thankful, so we created our own Joy Jar—We will write down at least one thing per DAY that happened that we considered a blessing. On December 31, 2013, Lord willing, we will pull out all 365 (or more) slips of paper and read them to remind us of God’s hand over us.
2) Simplify my life. I want to say “no” to the world more often and “yes” to God more often.
3) Kiss my husband more often. God has worked miracle after miracle of both small and large healing in our marriage, and we are both so fully aware of this. It is fun to honor him and watch how God blesses us for it.
4) Read a bedtime story every night to Abbey—we were doing this like clockwork and then I allowed work and television to take over that time. Our children are only little once, so I am going to walk away from the distractions and focus on that wonderful cuddle time with my youngest.
5) Play with my grandson more often!
6) Pray more and worry less. (Stop laughing. I really am going to try to worry less.)
7) Drink more water.
8) Write more. Talk less. Listen, listen, listen.
~I know not what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow! Happy New Year!~