God's Lemonade Stand

My eight-year-old daughter begged me to have a lemonade stand in our neighborhood.  I wasn't against it, but she started asking me in January--a bit early on the calendar for such a venture so I had to tell her "Not yet." So for the next 17 weeks (but who's counting), she continued to ask; it was either too cold, or it was raining, or we were going out of town, or we had a foster baby, or it was a Tuesday instead of a weekend, or _________(fill in the blank).  Finally, this past Friday afternoon,  all the stars lined up and she was able to have her first lemonade stand.

She and her hired help were way more successful than I ever imagined!

Car after car, neighborhood kid after neighborhood kid, the customers came in droves to buy some lemonade.  It was a scorching hot day and the girls offered curbside service, allowing many of their adult customers to stay in their vehicles to place their orders. The tip jar (their idea) was as full as their cash box. It was precious watching their eyes light up as we ran out of lemonade twice over, forcing me back to the kitchen for more.

That lemonade was so refreshing on such a hot day.

And that's when it hit me.

I realized I had gone days without slowing down to see God's own roadside lemonade stand; without spending time in His word and getting refreshed.  I had been rushing right by the spiritual relief from the heat that life was placing on my soul. Why is it so hard to slow down? I kicked myself!  

I am VERY determined to try to stop all that non-necessary busy-ness this year. In order to do that, I have to actually stop moving and take a drink of what He is offering.

I bet He even offers curbside service.
☺☺☺

"I spread out my hands to you;
    I thirst for you like a parched land." Psalm 143:6

Comments

  1. This is wonderful! I love this so much, April, and your first one, too! I'm SO proud for you that you've decided to start again...I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed you so much!
    I love you and you are such an inspiration to me, I can only imagine how much to others as well. I think this is an AWESOME idea, to write about your homeschooling experiences, resources and help other thru their journey. You're an amazing woman, and a dedicated devotee of Christ (my favorite Friend), and I for one eagerly await and happily anticipate your next installment. And thank you! Thank you for doing this again!
    Love,
    Cisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blog called God's Lemonade Stand. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am greatly encouraged by your comments! Please engage!